Improving the Health, Wellbeing, and Lives of all Women
At Newson Health, we have a vision to improve the global health of women and those around them and to make menopause education, advice and treatment inclusive and accessible to everyone. Such is the scale of this challenge that we have a culture of moving at pace, innovating constantly and never being satisfied by the status quo.
Our vision will be achieved by us continuing to listen, educate, empower, and enable women to have choice and control over their support and wellbeing – they are at the heart of everything we do.
Our approach is inclusive, innovative and informed by the latest scientific knowledge and research, as well as using our clinical expertise and experience to deliver the best personalised care.
We provide access to support and information through our Balance app, website and weekly podcasts. We are leading the way in research, education and community support; we ensure perimenopausal and menopausal women are fully supported and informed.
Our personalised approach ensures the right support is available when it is needed. We are striving to overcome barriers, taboos and inequalities in women’s health. We will do the right thing and believe in making a difference for women everywhere.
The position of Executive Assistant is an integral part of Newson Health, providing excellent, high level time management and administrative support to the business owners; Dr. Louise Newson and Dr. Rebecca Lewis.
- First point of contact for Dr. Louise Newson and Dr. Rebecca Lewis for the rest of the business;
- Effective co-ordination of complex diaries, including clinical diaries and multiple media requests;
- Effective email inbox management;
- Support for executive team meetings and administration including meeting schedules, agenda setting, report production and distribution, notes and ensuring actions are followed up;
- Scheduling and administration for regular management meetings including notetaking and action trackers;
- Information sharing across teams;
- Travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Liaising with clients, patients, suppliers, and staff;
- Producing presentations and reports;
- Establishing and maintaining an accurate document sharing and filing system;
- Event planning and co-ordination for all events organised by or run by Dr. Louise Newson and Dr. Rebecca Lewis;
- Occasional attendance for evening or weekend events;
- Occasional travel may be required;
- Identifying and implementation of process improvements for EA role;
- Processing expenses, invoices and credit card reconciliation;
- General administrative tasks – post, filing, dealing with telephone enquiries;
- Provide holiday and absence cover for other Executive Assistants;
- Assisting the wider business administration support team as required.
The above list of responsibilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Qualifications and Necessary Skills
- Significant administration experience at executive and senior management level;
- Board experience would be an advantage;
- Highly organised with a friendly and professional approach;
- Ability to act as a proxy for line manager as required;
- Ability to anticipate and fulfil requests;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to adapt writing style according to audience;
- Ability to work positively and flexibly across a range of tasks simultaneously;
- Computer literate;
- Excellent diary and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Team player;
- High level of confidentiality and discretion;
- Understanding of GDPR.
We do not stand still. We believe we can always improve and are always exploring and embracing new methods and approaches in order to overcome barriers, taboos and inequalities facing womens’ health.
We have a progressive approach, we welcome feedback on our performance, and we see it as an opportunity to improve. We are always open minded when it comes to trying new things and we are empowered to highlight better ways of working. We want to keep learning and we find ways to overcome barriers. We take responsibility for making things happen and view every day as an opportunity to progress.
We know that everyone is unique and that our support needs to be personalised. We believe in accessibility for everyone regardless of their gender, race, the language they speak, their location or living situation. Support is open to not just women but their entire support network of friends, family, partners and colleagues.
We make everyone feel welcome and involve people as we know that no one person always knows best. We build strong relationships and nurture understanding by being warm and approachable, listening carefully to others and asking interested and relevant questions. We use language that is easily understood and ensure everyone is represented. We strive to make sure people are heard.
We respect each other and women everywhere. By being open, honest and straightforward, we develop trusted relationships and we always do the right thing. We maintain the highest quality across every element of our work. We believe in making a difference for women everywhere.
We act on evidence and without bias. We share our knowledge and communicate clearly. We help our colleagues by ensuring they have all of the support and information that they need. We know that working as a team makes us stronger and we treat everyone as an equal with respect and empathy. When we say we will do something, we do it.
- Salary £30,000 – £38,000 d.o.e.
- Full time in the office with WFH by agreement
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday
All applications via Katharine Landale at Bold New Recruitment. Please submit your CV and covering letter stating why you would a be good fit for this role to Katharine, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest.