‘It’s about hard work, fun and excellence in absolutely everything we do.’
Mundy Veneer are purveyors of fine wood veneers and interior architectural surface materials. We have a passion for wood, coupled with a love of colour and exemplary design. Our veneer experts source the finest logs from around the world to use by top makers such as Linley and Conran in bespoke furniture and specified by top interior designers and architects for projects including The Savoy Hotel, Claridge’s, The Peninsula Hotel, the interiors of many super yachts, in restaurants and stores such as Gucci, Tiffany, Selfridges and Harrods. Our projects extend to major London developments such as Nine Elms, Canary Wharf and Chelsea Barracks, as well as football stadiums such as the Emirates, Craven Cottage, and Tottenham, showcasing the breadth of our impact.
Established as a family business in 1998, Mundy Veneer originated from our love of trees and wood and especially wood veneer. This feeling runs through our DNA and with this passion, experience, and specialism, we bring an understanding of veneer, its uniqueness and individuality and how to obtain the best from it. We are proud to be the premium innovative veneer company in the UK for both dyed and natural veneer and a recognised authority in the world of wood veneer.
Our focus is to support our clients with our level of service and unique knowledge of how to maximise the inherent qualities of wood and through this specialism build, nurture and maintain relationships. Our priority is to listen to what clients need and go the extra mile to get it right. We want them to be delighted not only with the veneer but with the finished result.
We appreciate and enjoy the creativity of the design world and value our role in offering inspiring materials for them to use. We understand the complex context of how veneer fits into the overall scheme and we offer advice and support accordingly.
Along with our expertise, we bring cutting edge design ideas, ethical and sustainable product, and merge this with exemplary service, always going the extra mile for our clients. We work closely with Italian veneer mill, Tabu, selling their design-led range of dyed veneers including a new collection of intricate veneer wall panels in the UK. We also hand pick other interesting wood related surface materials such as our Birch Bark panels, textured veneers, and hand processed banana veneers.
Our values – integrity, excellence, and friendliness – guide everything we do, from supplying quality veneer to fostering meaningful relationships with customers, suppliers, and our team. We aim to go the extra mile for every commission offering advice, depth of knowledge and creative flair.
At Mundy Veneer, we prioritise sustainability by protecting, restoring, and promoting the use of forests, caring for the environment, and supporting the community in line with the highest environmentally friendly practices.
Our commitment is evident through our accreditation as a Responsible Timber Purchaser and certification by the Forest Steward Council (FSC™) and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC). We conduct thorough due diligence, tracing the origin of all wood to ensure legality.
Establishing The Mundy Veneer Planting Project in 2006, we’ve planted thousands of indigenous species in dedicated areas, contributing to the environmental well-being of the South West.
We seek an individual who both understands and shares our passion for design, they must continue to expand on our vision, excellence and knowledge of trees and wood. They will have proven management experience in a business of a similar size and be able to demonstrate a track record of understanding a core business and be excited by all it offers from growth to leadership. Problem solving, creative disruption and team cohesion and management skills are also essential.
Additionally, we require a strong legal background, someone capable of understanding and navigating the legal landscape, particularly regarding liability and associated legal considerations. It is vital that contractually the business is always protected in its relationship with suppliers, clients and staff and keeping ahead of changing legislation and new contractual relationships.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Team Management: Ability to manage, encourage and lead a team whilst empowering individuals to work, learn and progress to the height of their abilities.
- Strategic Thinking: Proactively anticipates and prepares for marketing trends, regulatory changes, and business opportunities. Possesses the ability to evaluate the impact of decisions across the entire company and its interconnected parts.
- Legal Acumen: Demonstrates the ability to pose incisive questions, adhere to processes, and comprehend the broader implications on the company. Has a comprehensive understanding of the legal landscape, encompassing liability considerations.
- Leadership and Delegation: Exhibits the capacity to make informed judgment calls, delegate effectively, and provide overarching strategic direction.
- Commercial Insight: Understands the commercial intricacies of the business, including industry implications and the traceability of products. Prepares for marketing trends, regulatory changes, and create strategic business plans.
- Visionary Mindset: Takes ownership of the project for business evolution and growth, emphasising repeat and incoming business.
The successful candidate will, in time, be expected to achieve the following:
- A deep understanding and knowledge of our business and our excellence in the world of wood veneer.
- Structure formal career path structure for each member of staff; encourage training, promotion, greater responsibility, and lateral thinking from all.
- Support and grow the existing excellent collaboration within the team, bringing positivity and processes to grow individual thought to enhance the whole group.
- Create a strong professional team and understand where each piece of the business joins and works together.
- Develop and execute business strategies to achieve tactical and long-term goals.
- Report to owners, providing feedback, insights, and strategic advice.
- Develop with collaboration from the team and implement new business plans to grow sales.
- Maintain positive and trust-based relations with business partners, clients, and suppliers.
- Oversee the company’s business operations, financial performance, building and workforce.
- Supervise, guide, and delegate to the senior management team in their duties.
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are clearly maintained and communicated.
- Assess, manage, and resolve problematic developments and situations.
- Make tactical and strategic hiring decisions.
- Build and enhance the company’s public profile at events, speaking engagements, etc.
- Oversee and drive focus on ESG and leverage sustainability.
- Provide oversight on training, people development, and HR decisions.
- Understand Mundy’s culture and brand, ensuring the evolution, not revolution, of the business.
Requirements and Qualifications
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A degree, and ideally an MBA or equivalent training.
- Proven management experience in a senior role.
- Extensive knowledge of financial and business management techniques.
- Commercial awareness and a deep understanding of factors influencing a company’s business.
- The ability to balance conflicting interests, with strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Experience in high-end or bespoke product businesses.
- Proficiency in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- The ability to perform in high-pressure situations while maintaining confidentiality.
- Effective stakeholder management and a commitment to teamwork.
- A focus on continuous professional development and maintaining up-to-date knowledge.
- High levels of ethical conduct: honesty, trustworthiness, integrity.
Full details of compensation, holiday, and other benefits on application.
Should you wish to apply, please send a covering letter and CV to Katharine Landale at Bold New Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org stating why should be considered for this wonderful role.
We look forward to welcoming a visionary leader to join the Mundy Veneer team.