Flights and Logistics Coordinator | Global Action
Flights & Logistics Coordinator
Who are we?
After life-changing experiences working for the United Nations and International Red Cross overseas, Mark and Katharine set up Global Action to provide outstanding overseas trips for UK school students. Each delivers a unique Global Learning programme, empowering students to affect positive global change. We are now the UK’s leading provider of high-quality Global Learning programmes.
We engage young people in learning about poverty reduction, environmental issues and social justice through educational trips to: Nepal, the Indian Himalayas, Malaysian Borneo, Zanzibar Island, Costa Rica, Greece, and Switzerland.
Global Action is the only UK school trips company whose Directors have worked overseas for the UN at senior management level. We are a young, dynamic company based in Cirencester.
The Flights & Logistics Coordinator Role
The Flights & Logistics Coordinator will take responsibility for our flight procurement process, building on the current approach and adding expertise and efficiency to meet quality and financial targets.
Working both from the Cirencester office and remotely, you will liaise with colleagues and our partners to meet requirements for our group trips. The majority of these trips will be in the UK summer, but you will also be required to manage parallel cycles for a minority of trips that occur at other points in the year. We use flight consolidation companies to source our options so relationship management, diplomacy and negotiation skills will be vital.
You will also be responsible for procurement of group equipment on an annual basis. We provide our groups with comprehensive first aid kits, safety equipment, t-shirts, Global Learning Journals etc. Once procured, you will lead stock management and a system of distribution and returns, engaging with our clients, partners and Global Action colleagues.
This role will require strong prioritisation, negotiation and planning skills. The ideal candidate will have experience managing both procurement process and partnership management.
You will have responsibility for all Operational expenditure to keep within company budgets. For a dynamic individual proving successful results, there is a real opportunity to expand their responsibility within Global Action.
Flight procurement and administration (70%):
- Lead the procurement process for flights for all group trips.
- Meet agreed budget targets and contribute to the budget forecasting process.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with our flight provider partners.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure accurate and timely decision making.
- Lead on invoice payment, ticketing obligations and passenger list admin.
- Liaise with partners and insurance providers to claim for delays or cancellations.
- Quarterly data and financial reporting to meet ATOL requirements.
Group equipment procurement and logistics (15%):
- Lead the procurement process for group equipment such as t-shirts, learning journals, first aid kit items and safety equipment.
- Maintain the equipment stock levels and manage distribution/returns for each trip.
Operations planning and delivery (10%):
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure smooth planning and delivery of the operations cycle.
- Support the wider team to provide high quality customer support via phone calls, emails etc especially in the final weeks before departures.
Other responsibilities (5%)
- Represent Global Action at industry events and meetings.
- Other administration tasks as required such as payment processing, participant data administration and contracting.
Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Experience in market analysis, purchasing, negotiation and meeting budgetary targets
- Excellent time management skills – ability to work to tight deadlines without direct supervision.
- Team player, happy to work in small business where everyone has to be ‘hands on’
- Positive, flexible, and a proactive problem-solver
- Prior experience with an expedition company or within the travel industry
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Confident working remotely as part of a team using MS365 tools
- Experience working collaboratively with CRM software
- Experience researching and negotiating exclusive discounts
- Full or part time (3 days minimum)
- £30,000 (Pro-rata FTE), (including annual bonus of approx £3,000)
- Hybrid working from home and the Cirencester office, would need to be in the office at least once every 3 weeks.
- Member of the Operations Team, reporting to the Operations Director
- Excellent promotion opportunities in an expanding company
- Personal development training courses, and overseas travel opportunities
- Annual Bonus on meeting agreed KPIs
- Time off In Lieu (TOIL) Policy
- Private healthcare and workplace pension
Closing date: Wednesday 31st January 2024
Interviews: w/c 12th February
Start date: April 2024
Please send your CV, along with a cover letter stating why you would be a good fit for this role, to Katharine Landale at Bold New Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org
With many thanks for your interest.