K&H Design works with highly sophisticated private clients who share a love of design and appreciate the process required to achieve something utterly beautiful and totally personal in their home and projects in the UK and Internationally. The design process is supported by a high level of client service and communication and the busy, hard-working design team are supported by a well-oiled internal support system.
Being an entirely client-focused interior design studio, we provide original and refined design solutions. Meticulous attention to detail and a thorough understanding of how people live are at the heart of all our projects. We collaborate with craftspeople and specialists to create elegant interiors that also work hard. Good communication with our clients and suppliers underpins all our work.
Katie Glaister founded the Interior Architectural and Interior Design practice K&H Design in 2015. Since then, it has grown exponentially, and has benefitted from a number of awards for its excellence.
Your role would be to act as the Studio Manager, driving the efficient running of the office and a busy team of ten people. There is also an important marketing/social media role as part of this position.
To be successful in this role you must have a genuine desire to work as a Studio Manager for this thriving business. You must be naturally house-proud, highly organized and able to encourage a team to follow your direction.
We think the position is suitable for anyone looking for their second or third job, with a keen interest in the design industry.
The position is for 4-5 days per week and whilst we can offer some flexibility on working hours we are ideally looking for an 8 hour day.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Solid administration skills;
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion at all times;
- Reliable and trustworthy;
- The ability to priorities, multi-task and work under pressure;
- Ability to build a strong network of contacts;
- First-class organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good numerical skills;
- A high degree of accuracy;
- A good knowledge of Word, Excel and InDesign;
- A proactive attitude – the role will vary from week to week and the right candidate will be able to make the role their own and add increased value to the founder and the team;
- A flexible approach – the role will mostly be normal working hours but it may be necessary to do some overtime at times of particular busyness;
- Understands the necessity to work as part of a team;
- High standards – house proud.
Studio Manager Responsibilities – (70%)
- Studio administration;
- Daily maintenance of studio diary events and organisation of the day-to-day schedule;
- Coordination of meetings, to include the consideration of and responsibility for ensuring all necessary arrangements are made;
- Planning and coordination of travel programmes, to include booking flights, hotels, car transfers, and preparation of itineraries, whilst being ever mindful of budgets;
- Put systems in place to ensure strong internal communication between the founder and the staff;
- Some administrational support for the founder;
- Responsible for all office subscriptions;
- Online administration of all supplier accounts including Amazon, BT, software licenses, travel, office purchases etc;
- Strong communication and relationship building with the designers and the finance manager;
- The design team are your work family, we would look to you to drive the team spirit and to make sure that IT, printing, deliveries all work perfectly to take any unnecessary pressure away from them.
- Managing office costs and budget – reporting in to founder and finance manager;
- Stationery supplies and building strong supplier relations;
- Overseeing the team staff entertainment budget and organising team social events, especially the Christmas party;
- Manage the staff birthday diary;
- Ownership of an office move – as and when this may happen;
- Managing software licenses and computer equipment;
- Managing insurance contracts;
- Working knowledge of the project management software ‘Monday’ is welcome;
- Maintaining comprehensive password spreadsheet;
- Owning and keeping the studio ‘Bible’ up to date;
- HR –interfacing with our external HR consultants;
- We outsource the bulk of the HR, however you will be the ‘in studio’ contact – the link between the team and the founder and the link between the founder/finance manager and external HR consultants;
- Writing/updating recruitment advertisements;
- Holding relationships with recruitment agents;
- Knowledge of information on all employees and contractors;
- Managing new starters;
- Organising staff reviews, taking notes and circulating;
- Dealing with staff queries;
- Overseeing holiday requests, which are uploaded by staff onto online portal.
- Updating contracts as required;
- Owning HR folders.
- Working closely with the Finance Manager, forwarding receipts and generally assisting to keep accounts reconciled;
- Combining all designer timesheets at the start of each week and issuing to Finance Manager who is responsible for client invoicing.
Social Media, Marketing and New Business – (30%)
This role is overseen by one of the designers, but we would like to make it a two-person role. We are therefore seeking a candidate who has the appropriate experience and interest.
- Writing copy, selecting images and planning Instagram posts and reels;
- Writing copy for quarterly newsletters, about K&H Design and No Straight Lines;
- Inputting and updating data on our CRM;
- As ever working in a joined up way with the design team to encourage them to contribute.
Further information and Application
Salary: £30,000 -£35,000 for a 5-day week – subject to skills and experience
Hours: 4/5 days per week, 8 hours per day
Holiday: 29 days including Bank Holidays. An extra day added per year.
To apply, please email Katharine Landale at Bold New Recruitment with your CV and a covering letter stating why you should be considered for this role. Any applications without a covering letter will be disregarded. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest.