An In-Depth Course for Returners and Small Enterprises
We provide training for groups upto 12 wherever you are in the UK. If you have a number of people who need to brush up their workplace skills please contact us and we will bring our course to you. Contact us for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This intensive, two day programme has been carefully designed for people setting up, running a small business or returning to work. Communication and leadership, hard tech, social media, digital marketing, web design, CVs, job application, written English and SEO. We cover it all.
The programme is tailor made to each person as far as possible. We therefore spend time before the course discussing what you wish to gain from the two days with us. All our tutors are used to teaching a wide range of capabilities and are experts in their individual fields.
With presentations, advice and practical application, you will leave with far greater confidence and feel empowered to communicate the very best version of yourself and your brand both verbally and digitally.
But don't just take our word for it, please see the recommendations at the bottom of the page.
- Running or setting up a business.
- Needing more tech and business and social media confidence.
- Wishing to better communicate their USP.
- Looking to refresh existing skills.
- Taking on more tech or social media responsibility.
- Retiring and need to become more personally tech savvy.
- Giving people the words, skills and confidence to make the most of the every possible connection.
- Setting Up and Running your Business
- Business Types - what is right for you
- Companies House Registration
- Accounts and Accounting
- Contracts/Policies/Terms and Conditions
- Writing a Business Plan
- The key elements to include in your business plan
- Everything that an investor would look for/internal goal setting and monitoring
- How to perform a SWOT analysis of your business
- Marketing strategy and the Four Ps
- Write Right
- Using creative writing exercises to improve your business and personal communication and USP. Covering writing, grammar and communication skills for websites, correspondence, pitches, presentations, personal statements and all other communication areas of interest.
- Social Media
- Overview: Understanding Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Content: What you should be posting.
- Best Practices: Do's and don'ts.
- Tools to help: Content creation, scheduling tools and apps.
- Tracking Success: Navigating the analytics of each platform.
- Latest Trends: What to expect from the platforms moving forward.
- 1-1 Surgery with your coach for each attendee: Please bring your questions.
- Tech Skills
- Business Startup or Home Office: What is best for me/my business? Cloud storage, professional email, accounting packages, managing/creating contacts and newsletters.
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook. Streamline your business. Management, syncing contacts and calendars, using iCloud and Siri, storage and backups best settings. Discover tips and tricks for free calls, battery saving and printing.
- Top 5 Business Apps
- Getting your IT in Shape: Interactive workshop to get in shape and stay in shape with a monthly checklist. Tackling and avoiding IT problems.
- Tech in the Workplace - Returning to work after a break? What I should know.
- Digital Marketing
- How to create brand guidelines for your small business
- Telling your brand story starting with the Why
- Defining your Target Market
- Creating a Visual Identity and Brand Voice
- What makes a website really work
- Customer Proposition
- User Experience
- Social Proof
- Growing your business online
- Organic SEO
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Recap
Previous candidates have said
- “I loved every minute of the Programme, to share that experience with others at a similar point in their careers was quite an inspiration, all the speakers were knowledgeable and approachable and no question was too stupid to ask. It was a very safe space and beautifully organised by Katharine. I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about setting up their own business or returning to work.”
- Gorgeous setting - tasteful, professional, comfortable and a generous and warm host. A really lovely group of people from an interesting array of businesses. Delicious food provided for us throughout the day. We were all made to feel really welcome, the team gelled well and so did most of the coaches. There was a huge amount of information shared, in a relatively short & intense time period. Offering a photographer and a business coach through were really, really lovely extra touches - you went above and beyond expectations by offering this. Thank you." Milly W
- .. it is hard to imagine how one could improve any of the content and it was all extremely well executed." Sarah MW
- "The BNW Reskilling course was fabulous. It exceeded my expectations on every level. Katharine left no stone unturned in her organisation, attention to detail and the welcoming and collaborative nature of the whole event. The hand-picked Coaches were not only all experts in their field but fun, informative and very generous with their knowledge." The word that comes to mind when I think about the 2 days is collaboration. The other participants were all amazing women with exciting plans. This infused the whole event and I not only learnt a lot, but have also made some fabulous new contacts. The opportunity to have our business photos done professionally was amazing, as was the opportunity to work with an experienced Life Coach. I have come away from the course buzzing with ideas, passion and excitement for the future. I cannot recommend this course more highly and I will definitely be doing any follow up courses that BNW offers.Thank you so much BNW - this is a brilliant concept!" Jo D
- I thought the course was very good and much prefer learning interactively." Lorna B
- "Well done and thank you very much for the faultless organisation of the really informative course last week. There was no doubt that all the speakers you had organised were at the top of their field. They not only managed to really inspire all of us, with their invaluable knowledge, but were extremely helpful and more importantly patient! It was great to meet the others in our group, strangely we all seemed to have many things in common despite all the different locations of our home lives. I would love to sign up for a ‘refresher’ course if you find time to organise one for us." Lotte L
- "...a big thank you for organising the whole course, for bringing together such brilliant people to teach us, each one so enthusiastic and knowledgable and patient! I hope you were pleased with how it all went, you should be. I found it all very inspiring and enjoyed meeting everyone. What a great group of women. I have come away with several things but most importantly for me that I have to have a stronger back story and belief in what is achievable!" Sophie F
- "I couldn’t think of anyone better to host BNW’s reskilling programme. Your warmth and enthusiasm for BNW and for all the participants is infectious. You have a gift for putting people at ease and for making them feel good about themselves. The mood at the end of the conference was incredibly upbeat and I felt like I had learnt an awful lot. I came out feeling empowered and confident." Victoria P
- "This is a fantastic 2 day course packed full of useful information to help give you the confidence you need to return to work or to help you if you are setting up a new business. It's fun, interactive, really helps with confidence and meeting like minded people. I can't recommend it highly enough. You can also enjoy the wonderful setting in the AllBright Club. Katharine works tirelessly to make the 2 days a really positive and helpful experience. It doesn't matter what your experience is - there's a great have a go mentality. Check out Bold New World...." Charlotte S